Most of you know that we are in Borger this week with my Dad and Stepmother Del. We are having a good time. My Dad and I love to play SCRABBLE and the first game, I whooped him. HA! We played Jenga, (a block game) and I beat him again, but my winning streak died last night when he whooped me in SCRABBLE! We will play again tonight......for the winning game, so wish me luck.
The girls are playing with their hula hoops, singing to music, playing superman, and are going to play the Wii later on. All the family is coming between 3 and 4 today.
Perhaps the funnest thing I have gotten to do since we have been here was take my little sister shopping for baby items. Patti and her husband Brian are going to have their first child in May. We went to yes, you guessed it, "Wal-Mart." Borger only has that store, so we went and we looked at all sorts of stuff and came home with some goodies that she wanted to get. It was alot of fun to be with her and to get her some things for the little precious baby in her tummy. I'm so excited for them. She will be a good Mommy.
All the food is cooked, and we are just waiting for the clock so we can dig in.....the girls are making name plates for everyone and the house looks great! I made 2 dessert salads yesterday and it was fun doing those.
Ted is at home putting lights on our home today and then he will go and spend Thanksgiving with the man and his family that he hangs lights with. He is working really hard this week. We miss him!
My sore throat is much better now, but now I have this cough that won't go away. I have never coughed so hard. My new drink of choice is Robutussin. That stuff is nasty!!! It's starting to work so I guess that is good?? YUCK!
As today begins, whereever you are today, whoever you are with, I hope and pray that your day is blessed with good times, great memories and I hope you all know, how very thankful I am for you as individuals, you have blessed my life!! I'm grateful for you, to you, and my life is richer because you are in it.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Hey Melissa, I'm so glad ya'll are having fun. Shopping for baby stuff is SO FUN! I'm sure it didn't help with your baby fever! Oh, and if you get sick of the nasty taste of robitussin, the mucinex tablets are the same drug, just in a pill form!
Glad you are home! It was so nice to see your face at church today!
Hi Mel!!!
Thank you so much for your sweet notes! Yes, yes, yes we MUST catch up! I go to Prestonwood (love that place SO much) - God has use Pwood to truly pick me up and bless my life in so many ways. Your family is PRECIOUS. I can't wait to meet them!
I hope you are having a wonderful week!
Love,
Sher
Post a Comment