Well, let's see......
The girls and I woke up Sunday morning and we were going to go to Sunday School and Church and then I was going to do trash and then we were going to head out, but I ended up waking up with a terrible sore throat from good ole allergies. I felt like I had been run over by a truck. So, I was very lazy and the girls just chilled and played. Ted has already left for work at 6:30am (He and another man from Allen have a Christmas Light Business and this is the busiest week for them...), so I drugged myself up and started feeling a bit better, so I started packing. We had made plans with our friends in Quanah, and I wasn't going to just call it off, so we got the car packed up and had a snack and then headed to the church to do the trash. I got it done in record time cause the girls were a great help.
I learned a valuable lesson from Micah and Hannah too. They offered to help me get the trash out to the dumpster and I said, "No, just stay here and play and I'll be right back." So, off I went and got to the dumpster....well, if you know where the dumpster is, you know that it's in a brick enclosure and has a fence as a gate that opens. So, I proceed to put the trash in and the wind is blowing a bit and I was inside the enclosure and "WHAM!" I am locked inside and can't get out. HUM....I stand there thinking, and how am I supposed to get out of here? So, I try to climb the fence and that doesn't work.....hum.....I can yell for help and noone can hear me and my kids are going to freak cause I'm not back yet.....so I find a place on the side of the dumpster and I put one foot in and step up on the side of the dumpster and then onto brick wall. Then I sit, thinking , hum, now what? So, I am looking around and realize that I'm going to have to jump.....Well, this wall is not short.....it's tall. I don't know how tall, but I know that I am not excited to jump. Did I tell you that I'm afraid of heights.....(my suitcase was in the attic and I declined to get it, so my suitcase this week is a laundry basket)...so that should tell you....haha....
So, I take a deep breath and I jumped. Then I fell. Then I just sat and laughed. No broken bones either..haha! Did I tell you I am accident prone too?
So, we get on the road and we got to Quanah at around 8:15pm and I went through a whole bag of "RICOLA" sore throat things and I drank a caramel apple cider the whole way and that was the best thing!!! I got some meds at the store and put vicks on my feet and wore socks and my cough is minimal now. Allergies, got to love them...ugh! Not now, I'm having too much fun...and I'm not home, so go away, I say. I'm feeling much better today.
We had a great visit with our friends in Quanah and we saw many people from our former church, which is very good for the girls cause they grew up with these kids.
We ate at our favorite place, "Reds Drive In" and stopped at a place in Hedley, Texas to buy some pumpkin jam for my Dad and then we stopped in Borger and got stuff to make salads for Thanksgiving Day and we picked up a bouquet of flowers for my Stepmother, Del. She loves stuff like that! :)
My Dad made my favorite New Mexico Dish, called, "Posole." It's pronounced Pasolee. It's a hominy dish with spices and pork and we eat it with flour tortilla's and shredded cheese. It's sooo good!!
Ted is doing well, and working hard. We miss him. He misses us. The girls have made the trip really fun. We have danced while riding.....they have made forts in the back seat with blankets while they watch their movies and they love to snack. They have made me laugh so hard.
We went to our old church and the youth person gave them 2 hula hoops to play with and they are learning to swing their hips...hahahahaha.....
I also took them to have their pics made. We are doing a surprise deal for Ted, and they did so good. I can't wait to get them back.
Now we are in Borger and we are looking forward to time with my Dad and my wonderful Stepmother. We always have a good time. There is also a really big dog across the street that Hannah loves. His name is Brutus. He's a Golden Retriever and he walks across the street and Hannah just talks to him...he's over every day we are here.
Well, I am off. I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving. Gobble Gobble!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
Sorry your throat is hurting, and I was hesitant about your trash ordeal, but then had a chuckle to know you ended up being okay! I wish I could've seen it, but then again, if I was there, you would've needed to jump!
Oh, that crazy trash enclosure!!! I've gotten stuck in their plenty of times and have just been lucky enough to have people around I could yell to for help! Glad you made it out alive...lol! Then, on Sunday afternoon, Paul Reid was putting trash in (I guess out of his car) and he got stuck in there. Natalie was in their car and got out to help him (but first she took her phone out and took a picture)!
Glad you're having fun on your vacation. Have a great Thanksgiving!
Maybe we should have a dumpster party! LOL
Maybe you should carry your cell in your pocket. You could call me and I could come rescue you from any future dumpster incidents!
Found it! Thanks for letting me know (again). Apparently I lost that email you sent me...
I am just now catching up on blogs but I have to tell you, this one made me ! I could picture myself getting locked in the trash enclosure!!! So glad to hear you had a great time. Pasole is my FAVORITE!!!!!! Sal makes the best pasole....usually my birthday treat and New Year's treat (and if I'm lucky, sometimes in between!)
Post a Comment