Today was my first day of class. I had to leave at 7:15am and began my treck across the metroplex. My class is in Grand Prairie. I had my GPS set and my map in front of me. I'm half way down 75 and realize I have left my cellphone at home. UGH. Next, the battery in my GPS system dies. Great! I'm driving along on 635 and looking for the next road to take and it never comes. No sign telling me where to go. I begin praying. I wonder if I should stop and see if I can use a phone but think, oh, I will find the road. Many turns later, I find the right road and arrive.
I walk in the door and register and walk into a room with wow, a lot of people. I find a table with 2 empty chairs and sit. I look around and the room is full of people, and the exact count would be right around 400 people. As the morning goes on, I have a chance to talk to the lady next to me and we both discover that we are interested in the same age group and we both are christians. Her name is Pam and her husband is here with her and is studying in the lobby. We break for a few minutes and I needed to find a phone to call Ted to let him know I'm okay. She offers her phone and I meet her husband. At lunch, we all ate together and had a great visit. We talked about the Lord and how reading is a favorite past time for us all. We had a great visit. Then it was back to the rest of our class. It was a great afternoon and I learned so much. We got out a bit early and I was able to find a shorter way home. Whew, thank you Lord for showing me the way! I got home at 5pm and was exhausted, so I slept for about 2 hours. Our home compute is having trouble, so I'm on Ted's laptop. Ted spoiled me by cooking dinner and we have had a nice evening. So, for my first day of class, it was all good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I'm glad you were able to get to class just right. Good luck with your class.
Post a Comment