Monday, January 19, 2009

A New President

Tomorrow is the big day. A day that will change history forever. A day that some people have been waiting for for a very long time. I have to be honest, I didn't vote for him. I didn't want to see him win. I voted for the other guy.
In Titus 3:1-2 it says, "Remind the people to be subject to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready to do whatever is good, to slander no one, to be pleaseable and considerate, and to show true humility toward all men."

Wow, I have alot to learn. My prayer is that as this man becomes President of the Untited States of America, he will lead our country on the basis that God is sovereign and that the decisions he makes will be ones that help our country get back on it's feet. I pray for my attitude as well. I pray I can be positive when I don't feel like it. I pray that through this tough time, that I can be a better citizen and be obedient to God in following his word.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Yes, and I am finding it very hard because the partial birth abortion he supports makes me want to THROW UP!!!!

(sorry to use the word "throw up" on your blog, but nothing else fits my disgust at our new president's belief in that!!!).

Hannah said...

So well said, Melissa!