Back in November, Murphy Road Ladies Ministry planned a ladies night out to see Sandi Patty in Richardson for her Christmas Show. She was spectacular and we had a group of ladies go and we all had a great time. Sandi has been around a long time, and I remember seeing her when I was in college in 1986 in Lubbock, Texas. She was great then and I will tell you this, I truly believe that her voice range has gotten higher. The woman can sing! She is a great singer, and the love of Jesus flows from her lips. Here are a few pics from our fun night. We had really good seats. Oh, before I forget, while we were waiting for the concert to start, Jennifer R., went to the ladies room and came out and saw Sandi and talked to her briefly and even hugged her or shook her hand, I can't remember which, but I was not happy about that, I was like, not fair!! We joke now that Jennifer hasn't washed her hand..hahah....Before Christmas I wrote Sandi a note to her email thanking her for the concert and for sharing that talent that God has given her, etc., and when I got to work on Friday, I had received an email back from her. It was cool!


In December, my wonderful Ted planned a date night and he kept me literally guessing where we were going. He got the babysitter and everything. On the date of our date, I got a beautfiful corsiage at work and when I opened it, it was a pretty pink rose set with black ribbon. He told me to dress up and be ready to leave at 5pm. So, I was home and ready.
We drove to Garland and got on the Dart. We then got to downtown Dallas and we walked a few blocks and I still had no clue. He then stopped, looked at his notes and we walked up to this really pretty building. He stopped again, looked at his notes and then said, "This is it!" We walked in and there were people everywhere. I then realized that we were in the Meyerson Center which is where the Dallas Symphony plays. He walked me up to the lady that takes tickets and he gave me a brochure and it was a pic of Michael W. Smith. I took a double take and then realized we were going to a nite with Michael W. Smith and the Dallas Symphony. HOW COOL! I know, another older singer, but you know what, one of the things I love about this guy is he's not only a strong christian, but his family, and his marriage are top notch! He's together, he's strong, and he's on fire for the Lord.
Ted and I went and ate first at this great restaurant called, "The Opus." It was really great. We then went and got our seats. COme to find out that some members in our Adult Bible Fellowship class were there and they were the one's that got us tickets. They had 2 tickets and they called Ted and they were gifts to us. WOW! What a treat. We had a ball! As the concert got started, Michael introduced a guest with him. It was Melinda Doolittle from American Idol 2 seasons ago. She was incredible as well and they sang several duets together. It was a great night with my love and with friends.
As we were leaving, I was standing in line to meet Melinda, and out of the corner of my eye was our friends Dennis and Cindy Trammell (I asked everyone to pray for them as Dennis had stem-cell surgery for his MS back in August.) Remember? Well, we got to visit with them and Dennis is just doing great. He was walking and standing and it was great to see the healing that has taken place. So, this concert was grand in so many ways. A night with my love, two incredible singers and the symphony and seeing what answered prayers do in the lives of our dear friends. WOW, what more can I say? Cindy has a pic of the 4 of us, but I haven't gotten it yet. So, here's the rest. :)



Lastly, we have a concert coming up in February. Ted called me today and told me to listen to KLTY. Well, I didn't have a radio near me, so he told me to put my phone on speaker and about that time, they announced on the radio, Ted talking and he was the 8th caller and has won 4 free tickets to see Chris Tomlin in concert at the Nokia Theatre. So, we are taking Hannah and Micah! My reaction? I screamed with excitement through the phone. Ted was all smiles. :)




2 comments:
First of all, you have found a jewel in Ted! I want to meet him sometime! Sounds like such a neat guy! Sal is so much like that and isn't it nice being pampered??
I remember seeing Sandi Patty in 1986 too!! Were we together??? Because, God knows I can't remember! I still say that it was one of the best concerts I've ever been too! I'm so jealous that you got to see Michael W. Smith and Melinda Doolittle. I love them both! I can't wait to hear how the Chris Tomlin concert goes. I'm sure it will be nothing short of wonderful and I know the girls will love it too!
How cool! I'm still in my 20's and I think Sandi Patty AND MWS are SO COOL! I literally grew up with MWS along with Carmen, Amy Grant, DC Talk, etc. And Chris Tomlin, what a blessing! Ya'll are going to be talking about that one with the girls for years.
Post a Comment