Monday, March 9, 2009

Have you ever ??

Have you ever felt like God was calling you to do something and you knew that it was for real, but it didn't seem real? Well, that is exactly what has been going on in my heart for about 3 weeks now.
A few weeks ago, I was talking to Ted about going on the next mission trip to China with our church and I mentioned to him that I would like to go next year, meaning in 2010. I didn't really think much about it anymore, but knew that it was something that I desired to do and felt like the Lord wanted me to go.
We hadn't talked about it again.

So yesterday, we had a wonderful speaker while our pastor is doing a revival. His name was Dr.Randy Newberry and he works for the International Mission Board. He message was so awesome and he talked about how we as christians much be willing to share the gospel with others.....God calls us too and we are to be obedient to that calling whether here in the states or in another country. He gave many examples of missionaries that had led others to christ through circumstances that had nothing to do with the human controls that we so often place on God. He gave an example of a lady who prayed year after year on her birthday for someone to tell her about God and one year on her birthday, a man came to her home and was a missionary and he told her about God. She shared with him that for 30 years she had been praying, and on that day, that missionary shared with her that he was celebrating his 30th birthday on that same day. Now, that is God.
As I listened, I felt God tugging at my heart and by the end of the service, I was weeping.
I then went to a man that has been really involved in missions in our church, Mr. Jack Zumwalt and told him of my desire to go to China and how I felt the Lord's call, but there was no way I could go this summer as I just couldn't come up with that kinds of money.....but I said, of course, God can do anything...and then he looked at me and said, "Melissa, noone signed up to go this summer, so we are planning to go to China in 2010." I just stood there...he smiled and I smiled....So, please pray for me as I know God has great things in store and I am excited about the possibilities of going and look forward to being a witness for Christ in China in 2010.

3 comments:

Gayla said...

Melissa, This post excited me! Our church is very involved in missions and in fact, our Sunday School teacher went in January. I have heard so many testimonies and it warms my heart that God is calling you there. HE will make a way. Continue to pray and seek His will. I'm already looking forward to hearing the stories from China! :-)

cmchrisk said...

Isn't God amazing! He often puts us in the right place at the right time. His perfect will! :)

Hannah said...

I just love how God works that way, especially when it's visible to my blind eyes!